Download • Save • Print
• 4 x 235g cans butter beans
• 100ml extra virgin olive oil
• 3 small red onions, finely sliced
• 2 large carrots, finely sliced
• 3 celery stalks with leaves, finely chopped
• 4 sundried tomatoes, sliced
• 1kg ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely chopped • 4 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 tbsp tomato purée
• small pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• small pack dill, finely chopped
• 100g feta (optional), crumbled
1. Drain the canned beans, reserving 200ml of the liquid.
2. Heat the oil in a large flameproof lidded casserole dish, and cook the onions, carrots and celery until tender and the onions are soft and transparent, but not coloured. Stir in the remaining ingredients, reserving half of the chopped herbs and feta (if using).
3. Pour it into a slow cooker and cook for 4-6 hours on low until ready.