Download • Save • Print
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1.4l chicken stock
• 1 large sweet potato, finely grated
• 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
• 2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
• 2 x 850g packs skinless chicken thighs
• 6 carrots, halved lengthways and cut into chunks
•2 parsnips, halved lengthways and cut into chunks
•3 leeks, well washed and thickly sliced
1. Heat the coconut oil in your largest pan – an extra-large wok with a lid is ideal. Fry the onion and garlic for a few mins until soft, then pour in the stock and stir in the potato and herbs.
2. Add the chicken and bring to the boil. Stir in the carrots, parsnips and leeks, then cover the pan and leave to simmer on a low heat for 40-45 mins, stirring every now and then, until the chicken is tender.