Download • Save • Print
• 1 lb. cherry or other mixed small tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
• 1.2 cucumber, striped with a peeler, sliced into ¼"-thick rounds
• 4 spring onions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
• 1½ tsp salt, divided, plus more
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 8 radishes, grated on the large holes of a box grater
• 1 16-oz. container cottage cheese
• 3 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar, divided
• 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• Gently toss tomatoes, cucumbers, spring onions, 1 tsp. salt, and 4–5 good turns of pepper in a medium bowl to combine. Chill until ready to use, at least 30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, season radishes with ½ tsp. salt in a medium bowl, then toss with your hands to combine, squeezing the radishes until they get good and juicy. Add cottage cheese and 1 Tbsp. vinegar and stir to combine; season to taste with salt. Chill until ready to use.
• Spread cottage cheese vinaigrette on a platter. Pour off accumulated liquid from cucumber-tomato mixture. Add 2 Tbsp. oil and remaining 2 Tbsp. vinegar to salad and toss gently to combine.
• Spoon salad over vinaigrette, drizzle with oil, and garnish with scallion greens and a few turns of pepper