Download • Save • Print
48G PROTEIN PER SERVING
• 350g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick chips
• 1 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
• 2 x 200g sirloin steaks
• 50g bag mixed spinach, watercress & rocket salad
• 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
• ⅓ cucumber, sliced
• 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
• ½ x 400g can haricot beans, drained and rinsed
For the dressing
• 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
• ½ small garlic clove, crushed
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Half-fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 4 mins, then drain through a colander and return to the saucepan.
Pour over 2 tsp of the oil and season with a little black pepper. Toss until the potatoes are lightly coated with the oil.
Tip the potatoes onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 mins, then turn with a spatula and cook for a further 10 mins or until crisp and golden.
While the potatoes are baking, prepare the steak. Trim off any hard fat from the beef, then rub all over with the remaining oil. Season with 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper. Put a large non-stick frying pan or griddle over a medium-high heat and, when hot, add the steaks and cook for about 2 mins each side or until done to your liking.
Mix the salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions and beans in a bowl. Whisk the vinegar, oil and garlic together.
Divide the steak, chips and salad between two plates and pour over the dressing just before serving.