Quick Healthy Tips 1. Shoot for 3 Healthy Meals
2:Close the kitchen after Dinner.
3: 2 Litres of water
BREAKFAST / LUNCH / DINNER
Apple and linseed porridge
100g porridge oat
2 eating apples, peeled and grated
½ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling
500ml your preferred milk
2 tbsp ground linseed
150ml pot Greek yogurt
drizzle of honey or agave syrup (optional)
In a medium saucepan, mix the oats, apples, cinnamon and milk. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, then turn down the heat and cook for 4-5 mins, stirring constantly.
Stir in the ground linseeds, then divide into 4 breakfast bowls. Top each with a dollop of yogurt, a drizzle of honey or agave syrup, and a sprinkle more cinnamon.
Spinach protein pancakes
284ml pot buttermilk/oat milk
1 egg, beaten, plus 2 poached eggs per person, to serve (optional)
175g buckwheat flour
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
pinch of paprika
rapeseed oil, for frying
Boil the kettle, and put the buttermilk and beaten egg in a food processor. Put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. Squeeze out any excess water, add to the processor and blitz to a smooth purée.
Put all the dry ingredients, plus 1 tsp salt, in a bowl and gradually mix in the purée. If a little thick, add 1 tbsp water to loosen to a batter consistency.
Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat and spoon in two or three ladlefuls of batter. Cook for 1-2 mins or until bubbles appear, then flip over for 1 min more or until cooked. Repeat until you have 12 pancakes. Serve topped with poached eggs, if you like.
The best FILLING breakfast smoothie!
• 1 banana, frozen
• 1 cup strawberries, frozen
• 2 tablespoons rolled oatmeal
• ¼ cup protein powder
• 1 tablespoon peanut butter, creamy
• 1 cup almond milk
Place everything in the blender and blend until smooth.
Mushroom baked eggs with tomatoes
2 large flat mushrooms (about 85g each), stalks removed and chopped
rapeseed oil, for brushing
½ garlic clove, grated (optional)
a few thyme leaves
2 tomatoes, halved
2 large eggs
2 handfuls rocket
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush the mushrooms with a little oil and the garlic (if using). Place the mushrooms in two very lightly greased gratin dishes, bottom-side up, and season lightly with pepper. Top with the chopped stalks and thyme, cover with foil and bake for 20 mins.
Remove the foil, add the tomatoes to the dishes and break an egg carefully onto each of the mushrooms. Season and add a little more thyme, if you like. Return to the oven for 10-12 mins or until the eggs are set but the yolks are still runny. Top with the rocket and eat straight from the dishes.
2 small or 1 large Fresh Salmon Fillet
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Honey
2 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tb Brown Sugar (not needed)
1. Place your salmon on a non-stick pan over a low heat with a little olive oil until half cooked.
2. Then add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and continue cooking until thoroughly cooked.
VEGAN FRITTATA RECIPE
• 200g finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, bell peppers etc
• 30g finely chopped red onion
• 30g tightly packed finely chopped greens
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups (135g) chickpea flour
• 360ml water
• 60g plain unsweetened or lightly sweetened yogurt
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 15g chopped parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
• Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease a 9-inch (23cm) pan (or line it with parchment paper).
• Vegetables: In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, greens, and salt. Toss to combine.
• Batter: In a blender, combine the flour, water, yogurt, salt, turmeric, cayenne, pepper, and oil. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.)
• Add the broccoli/veggie mixture to the batter. Add the cilantro, thyme, and dill and mix well. Pour the frittata mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out almost clean. The top will crack and get golden. Spray or brush some oil on the top of the frittata while it is still hot. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
LAZY BURRITO BOWL
• 1 cup uncooked rice
• 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
• 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
• 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
• 1 (15-ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 tomatoes, diced
• 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herb leaves
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
• 1 clove garlic, pressed
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more, to taste
1) To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic, lime juice and salt; set aside.
2) In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; let cool and stir in salsa; set aside.
3) To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
4) Serve immediately, drizzled with chipotle cream sauce.
This recipe is great to mix up with what you have in the cupboard PLUS it is easy to change up every day--- great additions/ swaps are:
• Whatever veg you have leftover
• Leftover salad
You can also change the sauce for whatever you like example guacamole/ mayonnaise
APPLE FENNEL SALAD
5 cups spring greens
2 sweet apples, halved, cored
1 fennel bulb, halved and sliced
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 large shallot, minced
1/4 cup apple Juice
2-1/2 tbsp walnut oil
Mix walnut the all, shallots, walnuts and apple juice
In a pan, lightly fry. Mix all the chopped ingredients then mix with the fried Ingredients altogether
SUMMER CHICKEN STEW!
2 tbsp olive oil
500g leeks , finely sliced
2 plump garlic cloves , finely sliced
2 thyme sprigs , leaves picked
8 chicken thighs , skinless and boneless
500g new potatoes , larger ones quartered, smaller ones halved
350ml chicken stock
200g green beans
350g frozen petit pois
lemon wedges, to serve
Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the leeks, garlic and thyme, cover and cook gently for 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Season the chicken and tip into the dish with the potatoes.
Turn up the heat, pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and allow to gently bubble with the lid on for 35 mins. Add the green beans and peas for the final 10 mins of cooking. Season to taste, then ladle into bowls or lipped plates with a squeeze of lemon.
talks will appear here as they become available
Monday - MOTIVATION Even on Off Days
Wednesday - Making Healthy ATTRACTIVE
Friday - Round Up and Sneak Peak Week 8!