Download • Save • Print
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
• 2 tbsp korma (mild) curry powder
• 600g skinless chicken breast fillets, thickly sliced
• 150ml hot chicken stock
• 400ml can coconut milk
• 50g ground almonds
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (optional)
1. Fry the flavourings: Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven), gas 4. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole or heavy pan and lightly cook the onion and ginger for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the curry paste or powder and cook over a low heat for 1 minute, taking care that it does not burn.
2. Cook the chicken: Add the chicken slices to the casserole or pan, stirring to coat them in the spicy onions.
3. Add the stock and coconut milk, and bring to the boil. Season. If cooked in a pan, transfer to a warm slow cooker. Leave to cook 4-6 hours on low. Add the almonds: When ready to serve, stir in the ground almonds to thicken the sauce. Scatter coriander on top, if you like.