Download • Save • Print
• 150g mung dahl (split or husked mung beans/peas)
• 100g new potatoes, halved and boiled until tender
• 250g spinach, washed and finely chopped
• 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
• 1 tsp chopped freshv ginger
• 1-2 green chillies chopped
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• ½ tsp turmeric
• Juice of ½ lime
Wash dhal in several changes of water.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the ginger, green chillies and cumin for 1 minute.
Add the dhal and spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the turmeric and 1½ litres water.
Cook, uncovered on low heat, stirring from time to time till dhal tender. You may need to add extra water. Stir in lime juice and cooked potatoes and warm through. Serve with pitta bread or rice