Download • Save • Print
• 200g finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, bell peppers etc
• 30g finely chopped red onion
• 30g tightly packed finely chopped greens
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups (135g) chickpea flour
• 360ml water
• 60g plain unsweetened or lightly sweetened yogurt
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 15g chopped parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease a 9-inch (23cm) pan (or line it with parchment paper).
Vegetables: In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, greens, and salt. Toss to combine.
Batter: In a blender, combine the flour, water, yogurt, salt, turmeric, cayenne, pepper, and oil. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, whisk the ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.)
Add the broccoli/veggie mixture to the batter. Add the cilantro, thyme, and dill and mix well. Pour the frittata mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out almost clean. The top will crack and get golden. Spray or brush some oil on the top of the frittata while it is still hot. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.