Go Visit the group and share your sweaty selfie to win your PRIZE! facebook.com/groups/326881095497626
MEAL & SNACKS
• 4 x 235g cans butter beans
• 100ml extra virgin olive oil
• 3 small red onions, finely sliced
• 2 large carrots, finely sliced
• 3 celery stalks with leaves, finely chopped
• 4 sundried tomatoes, sliced
• 1kg ripe tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely chopped • 4 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 tbsp tomato purée
• small pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• small pack dill, finely chopped
• 100g feta (optional), crumbled
1. Drain the canned beans, reserving 200ml of the liquid.
2. Heat the oil in a large flameproof lidded casserole dish, and cook the onions, carrots and celery until tender and the onions are soft and transparent, but not coloured. Stir in the remaining ingredients, reserving half of the chopped herbs and feta (if using).
3. Pour it into a slow cooker and cook for 4-6 hours on low until ready.
Chilli Con Carne (or Non-Carne)
• 500g (1 1/4 lb) minced beef • 1 onion, diced
• 2 stalks celery, diced
• 1 green pepper, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (600g) jar passata
• 2 (400g) tins kidney beans, liquid reserved from one tin • 1 (400g) tin cannellini beans, liquid reserved
• 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp dried parsley
• 1 tsp Himalayan salt
• 3/4 tsp dried basil
• 3/4 tsp dried oregano
• 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
(non carne) Just remove meat and add more beans or add qourn
1. Place the mince in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain fat.
2. Place the mince in a slow cooker, and mix in remaining ingredients.
3. Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low.
3 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Cookies
3 large bananas, ripe
3 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Mix the oats and vanilla extract into the banana.
Scoop the dough onto a greased cookie sheet in rounded tablespoons.
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before serving.
MINI CARROT PIES
2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for ramekins
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb. carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. whole milk
1/2 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
1 large egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil four 8-ounce ramekins; place on a rimmed baking sheet.
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add carrots and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme. Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in parsley. Transfer to prepared ramekins, dividing evenly.
Cut 4 4 1/2-inch rounds from puff pastry; place 1 round over each ramekin. Brush with egg. Bake until puffed and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.